Sources used for the Glossary
- Gathered by Karen Dufraine, Web Content Manager, Florida Center for Community Design + Research, School of Architecture and Community Design, University of South Florida
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Homepage. 2004. State of Florida. 13 Dec. 2006. http://www.dep.state.fl.us.
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Homepage. 1999. State of Florida. 12 Dec. 2006. http://myfwc.com.
- Minnesota Sea Grant, et al. The Glossary of the Great Lakes. Duluth, MN: Univ. of Minnesota. 2005. Minnesota Sea Grant. 1996. 5 Dec. 2006 http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/pubs/ggl/index.html
- NALMS. Lake and Water Word Glossary. Compiled by James Vennie. Madison, WI: North American Lake Management Society. 2000. 27 Dec. 2006. http://www.nalms.org/water-words-glossary.cmsx.
- National Weather Service. Homepage. 2001. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. 5 Dec. 2006. http://www.nws.noaa.gov.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. Homepage. 2000. United States Federal Government. 27 Dec. 2006. http://www.epa.gov/epahome/.
- United States Geological Survey. Homepage. 2000. United States Department of the Interior. 5 Dec. 2006. http://www.usgs.gov/.